XH1 - A hidden/forgotten gem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
21William Contributing Member • Posts: 678
Re: XH1 - A hidden/forgotten gem

Jerry-astro wrote:

Craig268 wrote:

Les Lammers wrote:

The XH-1 is an underrated, under-the-radar gem. It may be the most robust body Fuji has produced and the EVF resolution is addicitve.

I'd agree except for the "form factor". That is, the XT vs. the XH form really brings out the importance of personal preference.

All are great cameras - no debate there. I've been a long time XT user. I twice bought (and twice sold) the XH-1. Great camera but I prefer the XT series. I have several XT-1'S (my favorite), an XT100 and an XT4.

Perfect example of how much personal preference plays into all of this. I've also owned two X-Tn models (X-T1, then replaced by the X-T2). I was quite pleased with both cameras, but was intrigued by IBIS and the X-H1 given the amount of low light shooting that I tend to do and the advantages of IBIS for that sort of photography. Unlike many other folks here, I haven't found the larger form factor of the X-H1 to be an issue. It's quite the opposite actually, and I find the handling of the camera (both with and without grip) to be superb and preferable to my previous X-Tn bodies.

So, rather than shift back to the X-T4, I made the decision a while back to simply wait for the X-H2. I hope that Fujifilm will continue to expand both lines and offer photographers the ability to choose between both lines. At least for some of us, smaller doesn't necessarily mean better.

I’m relatively new to Fuji and one of the things that has put me off in the past was not having a full size grip. Then they introduced the X-H1 which was for me, perfect. Given the after market range of grips available for the XT series an awful lot of folks must have found the standard grip somewhat lacking?

21William's gear list:21William's gear list
Pentax K-5 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow