5D4, WIFI and Canon Connect?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GreatWhiteWing Senior Member • Posts: 1,504
5D4, WIFI and Canon Connect?

I set it up initially with very little issues. Came back a couple days to try again and fumbled till I got connected and tested with Canon app. Tried before a shoot today and got it working after fumbling a few times.

I had it for a while and running Canon Connect app and WIFI on tablet switched to another WIFI after only about a minute while getting ready for my shoot.

Is it me or is connection mode just too flakey to be useful?

One problem was my tablet always wanting to switch to other WIFI connections I use for internet in my home. I made the tablet forget them and still can't get a connection without fumbling around till something magic happens and it connects.

Any hints to get this connection quickly and reliably? I want to use the Canon app so my wife can review the images I am capturing without interrupting me in near real time. Photos are for her (customer)

GreatWhiteWing's gear list:GreatWhiteWing's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow