Been away for a while and after some advice on wildlife / sport set up

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JamieTux Veteran Member • Posts: 4,107
Been away for a while and after some advice on wildlife / sport set up

Hi all,
I have been away from SLR and equivalent cameras since the a900 then a99 and similar aged Nikon and Canon bodies.
(Long story short - I fell out of love with photography once it was a job)
Anyway, after a rest the whole landscape seems to have changed!! The photography I love is Wildlife, Macro, Sports, Documentary Portrait and Landscape.
Pretty much anything will fit the last 2 for me with the right lenses (20mp is more than enough for any size I will have printed and I'm currently happy with my fuijifilm set ups for those anyway). It looks like the Sony AF system has not just caught up to the high end Nikons I used to use but surpassed them! So I am wondering about an initial set up of a body, the 70-200 f2.8 and 200-600.
It looks like the a9x is probably the right body for me but the a7R4a looks like it would be as good as or better than the Nikon and would save some money or the a1 might be an end game camera - can you guys please share your experiences (and photos!!) before I work out a short list to try and trial! I'm assuming I'd get better results with the higher end lenses but they are not justifiable as I'm getting back into things and it's not earning me money!
Thanks in advance

-- hide signature --
 JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Zeiss Touit 50mm F2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow