R5 lockup strikes again

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BirdShooter7 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,011
R5 lockup strikes again

I decided to take the R5 out this morning instead of my R6 and everything was going fine until I had a beautiful opportunity to photograph a Yellow-naped Parrot flying up a river at me in gorgeous morning light. I started my burst and got off about a dozen shots then the viewfinder locked and I could see a fantastic image of the bird with excellent wing position and a gorgeous bright green background for a couple of seconds before the camera rebooted itself. When I checked to see what got saved to the card I lost the entire sequence.

The R5 has the latest firmware, a Canon RF to EF adapter, the original battery that the camera shipped with fully charged on a Canon charger and a Sony tough CF Express card purchased from the Sony store.

This isn’t the first time I’ve had an R5 do this to me but it is the first time I lost a shot I REALLY wanted because of it. It doesn’t happen often but after this I don’t think I’ll be using the R5 all that much.

-- hide signature --

Some of my bird photos can be viewed here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregsbirds/

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow