Tamron 18-300 for E-mount

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Dirk W Veteran Member • Posts: 3,566
Re: Another German review, with 1.7GB of RAW files to download!

MarioV wrote:

Dirk W wrote:

Thanks, very interesting! After downloading and pixel peaking on the full size RAW-files I am not so sure if I want that lens any more, but that's just me being so spoiled by the 16-55f2.8 and 70-300 combo. The lens gives a fantastic range otherwise and allows an RX10III/IV like use of the A6###

Hi Dirk, I know what you mean.

I have mixed feelings about the lens, based on these samples. Would really need to see different samples from other sources first before making a final decision.

I also wonder if the APSC lens isnt playing as nice with the crop mode of the A7RIV. The official Tamron samples taken with an a6600 did seem better quality to me.

Further investigation required.

Yes, Mario, I will also closely follow up, because I so want to like this lens The A7RIV should normally offer even better results than the A6600 because it doesn't have the low pass filter and higher resolution in the crop.

Dirk W's gear list:Dirk W's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony a5100 Sony a6600 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow