Fujinon XF 35/1.4 barrel

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BeatX
BeatX Forum Member • Posts: 53
Fujinon XF 35/1.4 barrel

Hi everyone,

Im about to grab fast 50mm prime lens, so obvious choice goes to Fuji XF 35/1.4 or new XF 33/1.4

Overall image quality from XF 35/1.4 is good for my taste, and Im not looking for fast AF, or wheather sealing.

Only thing what is worry me is durability of AF mechanism in old XF 35/1.4 (and of course extending tube)

Some years ago I was Canon FF shooter and had EF 50/1.4. I had to send this lens to the service twice, to fix/replace AF mechanism after it failed twice! science about 2 years of intensive usage. Looks like Fuiji XF 35/1.4 has quite similar build of internals like Canon EF 50/1.4 (but im not sure of course), thats why im not fully decided to pick up XF 35/1.4, because - as I wrote - I got very bad experience with lenses where barrel tube is extending.

Thats why Im looking towards XF 33/1.4 to never have to worry about AF durability, but is the price diffirence and size/weight worth it? Does someone can confirm is that XF 35/1.4 internals build is sturdy enought to last for many years? How is Your experience with XF 35/1.4 for years of intensive usage?

-- hide signature --

Fujinon XF 16/1.4 | Fuji X-S10

BeatX's gear list:BeatX's gear list
Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Canon EOS M3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow