Traveling with only a phone camera Locked

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,541
Re: Traveling with only a phone camera

Yes, I do similar type of traveling back to my younger days.

A reason to move away from dslr when moving from film slr to digital camera. Eventually end up with M43.

D7000, around 800gram in weight. Couldn't find the said 16~50 DX Nikon lens but guess it could be around 500gram (take the example of 16~80 f/2.8-4), it means 1.3 Kg on camera & lens always on your hand.

If I do it, I could take a Panasonic GX85 & 14-140 f/3.5-5.6 (total <700gram) for an eq AoV of 28mm~280mm, plus a 15 f/1.7 or 20 f/1.7 in my bag (120gram & 90 gram respectively). Not weaker IQ, sharp and lightening fast AFS, usable ISO3200 for SOOC JPG (noise acceptable to me), 4K ready, great 5 stops DUAL IS, 30fps high speed shooting...

Immediately reduce your burden by 50% and gain a far more wider range of zoom covering...

Then the 1" compacts if something like 24~360mm would be happy to you, says Panasonic ZS200 of 340gram would save further weight.

Never under estimate the capability of smaller size sensor camera system. You might face certain limitation one or two but they are actually more capable than some people think. When we are talking about proper camera, there are actually a lot to choose from.

Lastly, if you don't mind those limitation of phone, it also would do.

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please forgive my typo error.
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
mxx
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow