Your verdict: RF 14-35 F4 vs EF 16-35 F4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Higgins2002
Higgins2002 Contributing Member • Posts: 731
Re: Your verdict: RF 14-35 F4 vs EF 16-35 F4

dmanthree wrote:

spec68 wrote:

I haven't ever used either of these but my general rule of thumb is if I already have a certain lens range and f-stop in one mount then there is low priority to replace in a different mount is low priority unless the lens I own is hot garbage/obsolete.

Using this rule it seems like going from the EF to RF version is a lateral move. From what I've read about the RF version, the extra 2mm wide may not matter because of the unsuitable distortion at that point. So unless you really need those extra 2mm and your RF collection desires are otherwise complete I'd pass and save or use the money for something missing or with a higher need of replacement in your kit.

The lens does capture a full 14mm angle of view after correction. Without correction it's about 13mm. You don't give up anything.

I don’t think  that is true, there is stretching and cropping done  to the image.

why  they don’t do vignette free lenses are  to save money on less used glass.

the same goes for other RF llenses.

RF 24-105  STM @ 24mm after correction is not as wide as the 24mm on RF 24-105 F4L.

Higgins2002's gear list:Higgins2002's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow