problem with black showing in yellow while doing nozzle check.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 14,587
Re: problem with black showing in yellow while doing nozzle check.

NAwlins Contrarian wrote:

I have a Epson p600 and when it has been standing for a few days or so unused and I do a nozzle check there always seems to be black in the yellow nozzle printing area.

If I do a few head cleans it seems to sort it but obvious all of this uses up a lot of ink across the board of colours.

Any suggestions please why this black is constantly there in the yellowand how I might solve it for good.

You may be interested in thread at link below unless you have already reviewed it.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/65483883

Yep, I was going to say the same thing. Having the yellow channel get polluted with black ink anecdotally seems to be a classic Epson head failure mode. I'm not saying that's what is happening to your printer, only that it seems to be the most likely issue. If so, then there is probably no economical repair.

There certainly may be other potential causes, and you should try at least some basic things. Given the serious repercussions, just off the top of my head--and I'm certainly no expert on this--it seems worthwhile to ask: have you checked that all of the ink cartridges are properly and fully seated? Are you using genuine Epson ink cartridges filled new at Epson, or are you refilling empty Epson cartridges, or are you refilling using third-party cartridges? Have you opened the printer and looked for ink pooled or sitting where it should not be, and cleaned any that you found?

What I posted took care of the R800 printer for me. The "Sucking OUT" was suggested by a Forum Member as a reply to one of my past inquiries. Different but it worked.

Edit to add:  Now I remember subject of the thread:  I could not get a good nozzle check (regardless of the many things I used to get this cleared) for the Matte Black channel.  It continued to show either top or bottom half (don't remember which) that had NO ink.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow