Traveling with only a phone camera Locked

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
i8z Forum Member • Posts: 93
Re: Traveling with only a phone camera

In 2019 I traveled to Puerto Rico and brought my Linohof medium format camera and forty rolls of film. The camera broke and I was left with my iphone. As a photographer I was beyond bummed, but the phone did a great job of capturing my wife and kid and was excellent for video.  I am the type of guy who rarely leaves the house without some sort of camera. This year I purchased a Sony Rx100 series camera and I love it's small size and decent output.   Only you can determine if you will be happy with using a phone to document your adventures.  If I were in a similar situation I would drive a town over and spend some time walking around like a tourist, doing tourist photos with your phone . When you get home, carefully examine your photos and determine if you would be happy with similar results. good luck with whatever you decide.

i8z's gear list:i8z's gear list
Sony RX1R Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
mxx
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow