Processing for Dummies

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom59 Senior Member • Posts: 1,434
Processing for Dummies

Hoping someone can point me in a good direction for tutorials on processing astro images. Mainly widefield dso, not MW. I struggle with this and it is getting frustrating.  Excuse the long post but want to give as much info as I can. I have Adobe CC. I stack images in DSS, default setting. Have tried lights only, lights with dark frames, with flats and different combos of all of above. I shoot and stack Raw. I stretch with levels in PS. Start to bring out data and get the histogram moving off the left wall. Then try curves adjustment. Then it goes to chit. Trying to clean up background and remove gradients and any LP.  Have tried  Jerry Lodriguss method for this. Trevor Jones method also. And have ben readingnup on R Clarks site.  Im missing something!! I'm no wiz with PS, use LR 95% for regular photos. Latest attempt is the NA Nebula. Am attaching a resized jpeg (using raws in workflow) to show what I am working with, and confirm my data is ok. Thanks for any and all input.

Canon 7d mk2 Canon 135 f2 iso 1600  60 sec exposure

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow