Florida Beach Photography Gear Suggestions?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CameraCarl Veteran Member • Posts: 7,838
Florida Beach Photography Gear Suggestions?

(I posted this question in the wildlife forum and din't get many answers, so I thought more readers might see it here.)

Question: how to carry spare lens and accessories if I am going to be wading in the water along beaches?

I'm going to be photographing shorebirds and wading birds in Florida in December. I plan to use a "water and dust resistant" camera and telephoto zoom lens for most of the photography. I will carry along a wide-to-normal zoom in case something else catches my eye. I also plan to carry a few batteries, spare memory cards, lens cloths, a towel for inadvertent splashes, water bottle, etc. If I find myself wading knee-deep into the sea, I am trying to figure out what is the best way to carry all the stuff mentioned above. If I take a photo vest or fanny/waist pack, I'll probably need to carry along a plastic bag to put the camera in if it should rain. Are there any other suggestions or ideas about how to carry along accessories and a spare lens and keep it out of the water in case I should decide to wade into the water?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow