Turn Your S1 Into An S1R!!!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LuxShots
LuxShots Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Turn Your S1 Into An S1R!!!

So, I don't know how many people are aware of a very easy way to turn your S1 into an S1R camera, so I'd thought I'd outline it here:

In the image below, you can see that the EXIF data shows the image was taken with a Panasonic S1 and has a resolution of 12000 x 8000 pixels. So what witchcraft have I used to perform such a feat!

A wedding with the mother of the bride adorned in beautiful crimson.

The latest version of Lightroom Classic has a new feature called super resolution. This uses AI to double the resolution of RAW files, and does quite a good job of retaining detail, even at 100% inspection.

LightRoom Super Resolution Feature - Works with bitmap and RAW files. Raw files gets a detail boost over other image types.

This feature effectively gives you an S1R with the low light capability of an S1. You can batch all your captured images and run the Super Resolution process on them. It's GPU powered, and on my AMD 1700X PC with the AMD Vega Frontier Edition GPU, it takes around 4 seconds per image to upscale.

LuxShots's gear list:LuxShots's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H Panasonic S 24-105mm F4 Macro OIS Panasonic S1 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +8 more
Panasonic S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow