An interesting perceptual observation...I think.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flycaster
Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,844
An interesting perceptual observation...I think.

Crazy title, but I couldn't think of a better one to describe what I am about to describe.  Given two post=processed images (RAW to JPG, each processed slightly differently) from the same original and trying to decide which to keep. Put the jpgs into Faststone Comparison, and being slightly OC, as the images look just about the same, I'm having trouble deciding which one to keep. So, for some strange and unknown reason, I decided to view the images in the following way:

1. Images at 100%, side by side in Faststone Comparison

2. I made a fist in both hands, but didn't completely close the fist so that when holding the fists to the eyes with the thumb against the eye, there was "tunneled" vision when looking at the images.  Left eye looking at image on left and right eye looking at image on right. Hope you understand what I'm trying to describe.

3. When viewing in such a manner, I noticed something that I did not notice when normally viewing the comparison images.  I saw that there were slight differences in color saturation between these very similarly (but slightly differently) processed images.

Is there an explanation for what is described in #3.  That is, when viewing very similar images via this "tunneling" method, is color perception enhanced?

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow