Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 MK II or Canon EOS 2000D?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AJAwesome New Member • Posts: 4
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 MK II or Canon EOS 2000D?

Hi Guys,

I’ve recently taken a bit of an Interest in photography via my smartphone and GoPro. However, I’m interested in purchasing something a little more suitable to capture higher-quality photos when I’m out. (Outdoor Landscapes, Buildings and City Landmarks, etc)

Initially, I thought it would be easy to get help in understanding what to look out for as I have many friends who are photographers however, as professionals they really were unable to guide me very well as the equipment they use is far more expensive than anything I’m willing to spend on my first Camera.

So after reading reviews and chatting to the agents of 2 local camera stores, I narrowed it down to the following two cameras but I’m still finding it difficult in identifying which of the two would be best for what I need.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 MK II or, the Canon EOS 2000D

DP Comparison page: DP Side by Side

I was initially leaning towards the Canon because of both its cost and ability to extend the Lens but since I’m not looking to make a career from this and it’s just my first camera, I’m not so sure I really need this? If there is anyone who can give me any further advice, would this be most helpful?

Thanks, in advance.

Andrew

ANSWER:
Canon EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow