Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jjz2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,602
Re: Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

Franz304 wrote:

Judging from the samples here https://www.cameralabs.com/nikon-z-28mm-f2-8-review/2/ the 40 mm is a step below any of the S lenses, though it still seems to perform pretty good, especially in the DX region.
As for the 35 mm DX F mount, I do not agree with it being razor sharp wide open, not my copy at least. To get good sharpness I noticed that I need to step to f2.4/2.8. It's still an extremely good lens for the price, but I don't enjoy too much using it on my Z50 as the FTZ adapter is just to cumbersome for my taste.

I didn’t think the 35 1.8 dx was razor sharp wide open and the rendering left something to be desired, it’s been like 6 years since I’ve used that lens on a d5300 though. My Fuji 35 f2 and 35 1.4 were also better than that lens… and talk about rendering on the latter, a sweet look.

I had the 50 1.8g at same time and it was noticeably better as well, but compared to what’s out there now that’s not that great either.

the 50 1.8s? Yeah that’s razor sharp wide open, no comparison really. It’s a different class of glass. It’s similar sharpness wide open as the former 50 1.8g is at f4.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow