Old Sigma 600mm lens compatibility

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DWRUAE New Member • Posts: 2
Old Sigma 600mm lens compatibility

I have an old Sigma 600mm lens that I used to use with my Pentax Super A. I now have a Pentax K-1, but the camera refuses to work with the old lens.

I've been told by Ricoh that it is not compatible because it is an "FD" lens. The only reference I can find is to Canon lends, but mine is definitely a K-mount, albeit without some of the contacts.

The answer I got didn't really match my question, but is as follows:

"FD stands for Fully automatic Diaphragm. They were introduced with the FTb and were the first Canon lenses to stop down automatically when you fired the shutter. The K mount was introduced by Pentax in 1975 The K mount was initially a joint development between Pentax and Zeiss, that never materialized and in order to maintain compatibility, it was decided to retain the same flange/film distance as the M42 screw mount lens mount (46.42mm)."

I sure someone on here can explain better / in a way that I can understand what stops the camera working with the lens, even in fully manual mode.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4471710 is the lens in question.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow