I had to shoot full frame to fully appreciate M43...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jhunna Senior Member • Posts: 1,768
I had to shoot full frame to fully appreciate M43...

I have been shooting with an A7C for almost a year, and I LOVE that camera.  It is everything I have wanted in the GX line of Panasonic bodies.  (RF formfactor, complete compliment of ports, and a long lasting battery that can be charged in-camera with USB-C).
With the A7C there is a look that you get that is different than m43, but its just different, not necessarily better. The low light performance and D/R range is a bit better too. But I miss the compactness of unique lenses. There is nothing in FF that is close to the 12-32, 35-100/4 ,14-140, Pergear 25/1.8, etc...

What FF did was take off the self imposed shackles to photography, such as not getting a big enough flash, not paying attention to the light as much as I should have, being ok with noise in the picture, and spending money on good glass.
DxO has also saved some shots that would have been throw aways without that program.  I mean the graininess of high iso photos can be acceptably cleaned up and I can export the files to higher MP tiffs should I need to print.

In the end its all about capturing the light of a composition to a file, then making the output do what you what you want.

jhunna's gear list:jhunna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow