2021: Wait on Fuji Update or Move to Full Frame (Canon/Sony Mirrorless)?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
PhotonBeam
PhotonBeam Regular Member • Posts: 293
Re: 2021: Wait on Fuji Update or Move to Full Frame (Canon/Sony Mirrorless)?

Chris R-UK wrote:

I understand the lower light limitations of you XT-2, but you are a bit vague about the limitations for fast action. AF speed, AF tracking, fps rates, EVF blackout, rolling shutter......? Can you be a bit more specific because I, for one, wouldn't call the EOS R a camera for fast action photography.

I agree with the questions asked by Chris. I am not too familiar with the Fuji lineup, but I do know that the top of the line cameras are no slouch. I am guessing you would need to go with something like the Canon R6 to match/surpass the best Fuji cameras with respect to autofocus and shooting speed.

If noise on images from shooting action in low light is your biggest issue, I would ask of you plan to purchase f1.2 and f2.8 Canon RF lenses. If you go with the more affordable f4 or f2, you likely won't be gaining much better low light performance. You may be better off trying one of the AI noise reduction software packages (e.g., DXO).

-- hide signature --
 PhotonBeam's gear list:PhotonBeam's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow