Colour checker alterative to tungsten

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Scott Abeln
Mark Scott Abeln Forum Pro • Posts: 17,896
Re: Colour checker alterative to tungsten

RGWR wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions and I admit I didn't check out Amazon but was going on my understanding of the legal position here in Scotland. I've also realised that I probably do have GU10 halogen bulbs and hadn't thought about whether one of those would do. They're certainly warm, so long as the spectrum is OK.

Good luck!

The main purpose of an Adobe dual-illuminant profile is not to characterize tungsten lighting, which it does incidentally, but rather to get sufficient data points to characterize a wide range of blackbody radiation. Getting those two points means that you can use one profile for a huge range of lighting, everything from candlelight to dusk, which are all close enough to blackbody.

For non-blackbody sources single illuminant profiles are needed, and dual profiles probably should not be used.

Mark Scott Abeln's gear list:Mark Scott Abeln's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow