Help adapting Yashinon DX 1.7/40 to E or L

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
demonboy
demonboy Regular Member • Posts: 348
Help adapting Yashinon DX 1.7/40 to E or L

Hi,

I recently purchased (yet to receive) an Electro 35 with the DX 40mm 1.7. My intension is to take the lens off and convert to E mount. I understand this is not so difficult to do. Then I thought it might be prudent to convert it to M39, making it more transferable to other cameras in the future. This is where it gets tricky, however, since I don't own an L mount camera.

I guess I have two questions: has anyone done a conversion to E mount and/or can you point me to any how-tos? There are a few converting the 45mm but that's quite a different lens apparently. There's a guy on YouTube who shows you his converted lens but no details on how he did it. Then there's a thread on the MF forum that shows finished photos of a guy who did it with a body cap, but that doesn't look like an ideal solution. Replies to his post with suggested rings and adapters contain dead links so I can't see the recommended parts they're suggesting. I've followed that discussion up with further questions but the thread is over five years old.

Secondly, does anyone know of a workshop who may be able to do the M39 adaption for me?

TIA

Canon EOS M3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow