XH1 - A hidden/forgotten gem

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stoke1863 Regular Member • Posts: 148
XH1 - A hidden/forgotten gem

BIt of a background, i have been looking to get 3 bodies for my wedding photography business.

My partner has an XH1 and ive always liked it, the Shutter sounds so nice and i find the IBIS a bit of a game changer to be honest. The grip is also amazing

my criteria for my next wedding body was

IBIS
Dual SD card

so that only left Xt4 and XH1,

Which is a shame as X-S10 would be my perfect camera but cant risk not having dual SD cards for weddings.

I decided for my backup body to get a mint condition XT-2 for only £430 with an XF27 lens which i sold for £210 (already own) so i got my backup body for just £200! couldn't pass it up for that, despite it being a bit old.

I decided id spend the £1350 (ouch) on the XT4 but first i used the amazing Fuji loan system to try it out for a few days for free!

XT-4 is absolutely lovely, amazing shutter, awesome IBIS, impressive AF speed, it was all an upgrade over XH1... but you know what... for what i need it wasn't £1000 better! especially when there is rumours of the 40mp sensor we might get in XT5.

I preferred the ergonomics and flip screen of the XH1, im losing out on AF speed, but picture quality is almost similar.

I managed to pick up a used Xh1 mint condition with 2 official battery's and the official Fuji battery grip for £530 and im happy with it.

I will probably upgrade the XT-2 to either the XH2 or XT5 with the new 40mp sensor in the future.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow