Nikon 200-600mm When?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Leonard Shepherd Forum Pro • Posts: 22,785
Re: Nikon 200-600mm When? When indeed!!

G Pik wrote:

Nikon can't even supply lenses that are current!!!

Last year I put my name down for a 2x Z converter to use with the 70-200, after a few months I gave up. I've now been waiting weeks for the 105mm Z Macro. Nikon are just too slow rolling out new lenses and after they launch them they are impossible to get.

This feedback seems not 100% accurate

Whatever your view on Civid - it is still holding up a lot of production in the Far East.

Other camera companies have supply constraints as well as Nikon.

A few S 2x converters have trickled though to the UK - and there has been at least 2 UK delivery of the 105 S macro.

Putting an order in is not the same as being top of the queue when new products are in high demand and supplies are limited.

Forecasting demand is not an exact science. The original DX 18-200 was on back order for 2 years - even though Nikon set up a new production line to increase the supply.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
In lots of ways good photography is much more about how equipment is used rather than anything else.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow