G9 vs. Z6 @ 2.8 in low light

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Sundre
OP Sundre Contributing Member • Posts: 711
Re: The theory isn't all that difficult

I don't like reading about camera tech/theory; I don't find it interesting at all, and I don't have the time/energy required to make sense of it. For me, a camera is like a painter's brush - meant for painting, not analysing. I don't mind if others enjoy the more analytical side of it, but it just isn't for me.

I can understand that feeling too although personally I enjoy both sides of it. The problem is that if you don't develop at least an elementary grasp of the technical/analytical side, you'll be in the hands of the "experts" and as you have learnt in this thread, they'll tell you very different things depending on exactly who the expert happens to be. Developing a technical understanding can also help you artistically by giving you new ideas of how you can accomplish things.

That is the obvious downside, yes. I can just about manage an hour or so a week of reading technical articles/threads, and will probably catch up slowly over the next few years. I only started taking pictures in July last year.

Sundre's gear list:Sundre's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow