1Password 8 dropping Standalone (local) vaults

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
KE_DP
KE_DP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,914
Re: 1Password for iOS complaints

1Password removing features without telling their customers. I upgraded to 1Password 7.8 on iOS 14.8. The 1Password share sheet is gone. Only iOS AutoFill works. iOS 15 has new features but I’m sticking with iOS 14.8 for now.

It just keeps getting worse with Agilebits. . . As they say, a leopard cannot change its spots. And the 1Password customer experience has been going downhill for years, accelerating with the move to subscriptions and Cloud-based data storage.

It appears that the company has calculated that with such a large customer base it can afford to lose a lot of current customers and still come out ahead in the long run.

Treating long-time customers with respect is not important to them. . . Over and over we get these long-winded explanations about why they feel compelled to do what they do. But only after there is an uproar regarding the latest insult to its customers. It's always very logical and composed in a conciliatory tone. But it consistently comes down to the same message: We have decided to go a particular route, we don't really care how you feel about it and there is nothing you can do about it.

I hope that korporate karma bites Agilebits in its butt and the company has to either change its ways or really suffers for how it has treated its loyal supporters. Other companies have gone down in ashes when they have miscalculated the amount of disrespect they can direct at their customers. Fortunately, there are suitable alternatives to 1Password. I guess that we are going to learn how many people are really upset enough to take their business elsewhere. . .

Agree - once 1P7 for Mac desktop (w/sync to iOS via iCloud) stops working - it's goodbye to AgileBitTheDust.  Apple's keychain system is just fine for all the day to day things - for anything more advanced I'll go back to a spreadsheet before "subscribing" to something that charges me to access my own data.    There are of course plenty of other alternatives out there.

KE_DP's gear list:KE_DP's gear list
Sony a7R IV
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow