Best in-camera HDR

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 5,992
Best in-camera HDR

I have previously owned three Sony cameras with the in-camera HDR function - NEX-6, a6000 and a7ii. This was something I found really useful, especially for middle of the day travel, or hiking and walkaround, photos when I wasn't able to do much if any PP (or necessarily wanted to; sometimes I just like to spit out a reasonable JPEG and be done with it). Of course many people won't like in-camera (or any) HDR, but I found the results quite OK for my purposes.

My Olympus OM-D EM-10ii also has this function, but I haven't found it anywhere near as effective.

I am looking to upgrade shortly and having good in-camera HDR is one of the things on my checklist. I am agnostic about brand at this stage (I will definitely add another Fujifilm body, but it might be something like an X-T2).

If anyone has any experience using in-camera HDR across more than one system - especially if one of those was Sony - I would really like to hear your thoughts on which is the best (and worst) in your experience. Of course you are free to write something like, "I've never used HDR and never will because it's all horrid", but maybe choose not to and skip past this thread.

-- hide signature --

All lies and jests; Still a man hears what he wants to hear; And disregards the rest

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D50 Fujifilm X-M1 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +11 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow