2021: Wait on Fuji Update or Move to Full Frame (Canon/Sony Mirrorless)?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
procto21 New Member • Posts: 23
2021: Wait on Fuji Update or Move to Full Frame (Canon/Sony Mirrorless)?

Bought a Fuji xt-2 in late 2016 and added several fantastic lenses. (56 1.2, 16mm 1.4, 50-140mm 2.8, 18-55mm kit lens and Ronkinon 12mm.

I am 80% photos and 20% video. Travel, family, kids sports, music festivals, some weddings. I do not do photography for a living, but have been paid for some of my work.

I have loved the fuji system for years. It does almost everything well except faster action (sports, concerts and pets) and lower light applications. I have shot both an xt-4 and h-1 and while certainly better than my xt-2, some of the limitations still remain and are not significant enough for the upgrade.

With no major Fuji body updates on the horizon other than the H-2 in mid-2022, I have been researching a full-framed alternative from Canon or Sony. If I sold all my Fuji gear, it looks as if I could snag a new or lightly used entry full frame mirrorless (Cannon EOS R or Sony a7III or a7C) and one or two zooms to start.

While Fuji may eventually update their APS-C series, the newer updates (xt-4) to date have bettered but not completely fixed or addressed the issues above.

So, keep the glass and wait on Fuji to hopefully make a large enough leap in APS-C tech or sell everything and move towards a full frame system and start building good glass on that end.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow