Warning: Do Not Buy A Camera From Abe’s of Maine

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ravenstone New Member • Posts: 1
Warning: Do Not Buy A Camera From Abe’s of Maine

Dear Forum Users

i want to alert you not to buy a camera from Abe’s of Maine. I did and I am now without a working camera and $999 worse off.

Briefly, they sold me a FujiFilm XT30 and a three year warranty. 3.5 months later the camera has developed a hardware fault; this happens. I thought I was covered. I have not had any response from Abe’s of Maine, despite numerous attempts. For this reason, I called FujiFilm US. They confirmed on the phone that there is a hardware problem and that should be covered by the manufacturers warranty. I gave the background to them and they asked me for the serial number. They then told me it was a model for sale in Australia and was not covered by the Fuji warranty. 
They sounded legit and friendly, they sold me a warranty as part of the package and when in fact it was covered by the manufacturers warranty. The Fuji support team were empathetic and also very upset to hear I had been sold this product and warned me that they had put a warning on their website about Abe’s of Maine. They also told me that they could likely repair the camera for approximately $400.

Never do business with Abe’s of Maine, you will likely end up worse off for doing so as I have done.

I have contacted the credit card company for help, they told me that formally I had 60 days to dispute a charge.

This has been painful, and I will be back to my IPhone for a while to take pictures whilst I save for a new camera. It saddens me that Companies like Abe’s of Maine do this and I want to warn forum users of this sharp practice.

Ravenstone

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow