Bracketing and saving every exposure shot for after processing

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lewton
Lewton Forum Member • Posts: 79
Bracketing and saving every exposure shot for after processing

Hi

I'm considering buying a RX100 V for taking on hiking trips where my Nikon D7200 plus lenses is too heavy and bulky for long thru hikes in remote overseas locations. Mainly northern Scandinavia.

I really enjoy exposure bracketing in Aperture priority mode. On my D7200 I take 7 quick shots handheld from dark to 'normal' to light.

I then combine them using 3rd party software (Photomatix) and choose my favourite preset before limited cleanup of any noise in Elements.

I know this isn't everyone's cup a tea, but I enjoy the results and even sell the odd print locally. All landscapes.

I've spoken to my local camera dealer today and the guy was very helpful with no sales pitch. But I want to check here that the camera does what I want regarding bracketing (not auto hdr).

Would I have the same flexibility with this compact camera re bracketing as with my D7200?

I know I need to hold down the shutter button on the Sony as opposed to one touch with the D7200. Otherwise, can I do the same? 7 (or 5, or 9), different exposure intervals, whilst saving all of the shots for my combining-afterprocessing? Saving all stepped exposure shots is crucial. I also (don't shout . . lol), shoot in jpeg, not RAW. Very happy with jpeg for my uses.

Thankyou.

-- hide signature --

www.gelertphotography.co.uk

Nikon D7200 Sony RX100 V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow