Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,024
Re: Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

André BARELIER wrote:

Memories.... What I do now is to make albums. Then I send my pictures to an online printing service. So that, from time to time, I can have a look, and remember the places I visited, and...the food 😀😀😀

I am content with having digital versions of what I shoot, and I keep most things grouped by subject in folders on my iMac. But my wife Carol prefers prints and likes to put them in albums to review in her own time and manner. So at times I need to do a run of prints for her to put in her own albums.

I ended up in a major project for Carol and her family, collecting a lot of old family prints, making scans of most of them, and doing a lot of photoshop work to repair them. Some of the photos came to me as cell phone shots of curled photos, and even those worked out with the tools now available in PS.

When that work was done I standardized on 4"x6" prints. I uploaded the digital files to Walmart's photo service, then had them printed out wherever the relatives were located so they could pick up a package of finished photos. Its turned out to be a lot of fun, it was very inexpensive getting prints this way, and a lot more convenient than printing at home or locally and then shipping them off across the country.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow