Fast normal prime for A6400

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Martin_99 Senior Member • Posts: 2,296
Fast normal prime for A6400

Hello everybody,

I feel that my GAS start to itch again! This time for some fast normal prime in range app. 30-35mm. I mostly use my 24f1.8 for indoor and outdoor family shooting, but sometimes I miss better background separation. So I would like to get lens with faster aperture and longer focal length to improve it.

Seems that obvious choices with reasonable size and price are:

Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC DN

Viltrox AF 33mm f/1.4

At first sight Sigma seems like a  winner to me, but I wanted to discuss about it with crowd first. In my country I can buy both new lenses for the same price, but as I have no problem with buing used, there a buttload of Sigma's on the used market for 2/3rd of price of new one.

Do somebody have experience with both lenses? Is there some reason to buy Viltrox instead?

Also how it's with lens corrections, primarily for RAW's in Capture One. Are applied on both lenses?

Thanks!

Martin_99's gear list:Martin_99's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow