Neewer battery warranty disappoints

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cortlander1
cortlander1 Regular Member • Posts: 306
Neewer battery warranty disappoints

I purchase a Neewer LP-E6NH pack with two batteries and charger 7 months ago through Amazon. It has had very light use, about a couple of times a month. The charger stopped working, and my iMac indicated it was drawing too much power, and shut other USB devices off until this was unplugged. I tried connecting thru an apple wall to USB and neither the red nor the green lights lit nor did the battery charge. With the canon charger, one of the batteries worked, the other slept.

I emailed Neewer support, and their initial response was:

"In order to keep prices low and deliver our product to you quickly, we don’t have physical stores which would allow us to examine a product with a defect. With this in mind, we would be grateful if you could send by return a short video (or some photos if this illustrates the fault sufficiently). This is a pre-requisite for all warranty claims within the 12-month period and helps us to address recurrent issues internally with our QA team and explore your issue with our technicians. For more information, please visit www.neewer.com/warranty"

So I sent them a couple of photographs, with the charger plugged in, and battery in it. Their next response was:

"Thanks for getting back to us. Can you please send us a video presenting the problem in detail so our Tech Department can quickly and easily identify the issue and offer you a timely solution?

After we confirm the issue, we will offer you replacement batteries or offer other solutions."

At this point I gave up, it was not worth the effort to jump through hoops over a 60 dollar product and a video would not reveal much unless the I could make the batteries dance.

Lesson learnt, stay with Canon batteries.

-- hide signature --
 cortlander1's gear list:cortlander1's gear list
Canon EF 11-24mm F4L Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +15 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow