Alpha 1 remote control (touch focus) with Imaging Edge mobile app

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
andidas
andidas Junior Member • Posts: 31
Alpha 1 remote control (touch focus) with Imaging Edge mobile app

Touch-focus and touch-focus-shutter-triggering for photos was not possible with Sony's own Imaging Edge mobile app [1] for recent A models (since riii), but the A1 was announced to have this capability through the app.
A7siii video mode seemed to approach this functionality [at 1h:02m].

I have searched widely, but could not find a demonstration (i.e. youtube video) of the workings or exact description of the functionality of Imaging Edge remote control together with the A1.
Imaging Edge Online Help not very helpful.

I previously tried the app out briefly with an riii, but it was unusable for the following reasons:

1. Was not able to see focus points on remote app live view
  2. Could not a) touch-focus and b) touch-focus&trigger through the live view screen on mobile
  3. App disconnected when exiting app for a very brief time/switching off mobile screen temporarily.
  4. Burst/continuous shooting only possible via sliding the shutter button instead of press-and-hold (LUMIX app implements all these aspects perfectly).

Are you aware of a demonstration of the above with the A1?
Have you tried it out on your own cameras and could report on your experiences?

Thank you!

andidas's gear list:andidas's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +11 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow