DJI Mini 2 or Phantom 3 Advanced - which has better IQ

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gebseng
gebseng Regular Member • Posts: 111
DJI Mini 2 or Phantom 3 Advanced - which has better IQ

Hi everyone,

As my first camera drone, I recently bought a used Phantom 3 Advanced (€ 200,- only!), it has a 1/2.3" 12MP sensor and a very wide 90° FOV (appr. 20mm FF equivalent) lens.

I only bought this as a toy to get some first impressions on drone flying (I have a professional background in architectural photography), but I must say I was really impressed how good the image quality was, both 12MP stills and 2.7K video.

The only downside for me was the size and weight of the P3, which makes flying in restricted areas etc. complicated.

I now saw that the recent DJI Mini 2 (which is only 250g and can be flown everywhere) has the same sensor size and 12MP pixel count, and a slightly narrower 24mm FF equivalent lens.

Do you have experience if the still image quality of the Mini 2 sensor and lens is as good as the P3´s (including corner sharpness)? In this case I could switch to that one and have a much easier time flying. (Next step might be a drone with the 20MP 1" sensor, but I'm in no hurry...)

best,

geb

ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow