D5500 exposure bug

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Dudeney New Member • Posts: 8
Re: SAW THAT

Mako2011 wrote:

Kazmarov wrote:

Very strange. Just as a test could you also fix white balance say to daylight (rather than auto) and see what happens (can't see why anything would change but jic)?

I too saw the dif with WB so went back to the RAWs and equalized WB just to see. Stark dif in exposure was still obvious. This is a strange one

You are both right that when I took these sample pictures in a hurry to demonstrate the problem I forgot to fix the WB. However the slight variation in WB between the two is minimal and cannot account for the difference in exposure. Moreover, I remember with certainty that I have experienced the issue while shooting indoor with WB set to incandescent.

Yesterday I thought about updating the firmware of the camera and I came across this web page: Nikon | Download center | D5500 Firmware (nikonimglib.com)

Under Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.01 to 1.02 they write:

• Optimal exposure would sometimes not be achieved in photographs taken during live view with lenses that support both autofocus and electronic aperture control (type E lenses).

I don't know wether this has anything to do with my problem.

I'll report back as soon as I find the time to update the firmware and see what comes out of it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow