P950 on Safari

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PixelDesigner
PixelDesigner Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: P950 on Safari

BruceJeff1 wrote:

I just got back from a safari in Kenya and Tanzania with my new P950. I can hardly imagine a better and more versatile camera for this type of trip. We had significant weight limitations of 33 pounds/15kg for all of our gear including the luggage itself. So carrying big telephotos or multiple camera bodies would severely limit anything else we could bring. Also, the nature of shooting out of a game truck with 4-5 other people in it would make it challenging to carry and swing a big lens around. Finally, the wide range of shots and the speed of reaction needed places a real premium on versatility of whatever camera is in your hand.

With the incredible range, versatility, and relatively small size of the P950, it was just perfect for me. We had shots of lion not 20 feet from the truck one minute and then a bird 50 yards away in a tree the next, and the P950 could handle it all quickly and easily. After just a couple days on our trip, literally everyone else in our group wished they had one.

Hi Brucejeff1,

I've also new P1000, as you mention for gear are bulky I'm completely agree. Coolpix range is also a good choice for safari and birds photography.

I'm eager to see your best shoots from P950 of Kenya and Tanazania.

Thanks

PixelDesigner's gear list:PixelDesigner's gear list
Olympus D-535 Zoom Nikon Coolpix S6300
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow