DTP20 with X-Rite Pulse Color Elite on a Win 10 64 bit system.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 6,460
See, I'm not crazy.

And you find there is much difference letting the test target sit before measurement? Mine was about 5 minutes out of the print, dry, and I was so excited reading the first row, I didn't want to stop!

I let all my target prints dry about 24 hours. I ran a test once spot measuring some control patches over a 24 hour drying period and they stopped changing values at about 12 hours with Epson pigment inks, I just let them dry the full 24 hours.

I do about the same: I never measure a printed profiling target less than 24 hours after printing, and I prefer to wait 48 hours. There are some papers (Red River Pecos River Gloss comes to mind) that seem to shift quite visibly long after the 10 or 15 minutes that the software recommends waiting. I figure if I can readily see a change between what a print looks like e.g. 30 minutes after printing and how it ultimately looks, then measurable changes may be occurring for substantially longer, especially in my humid house (in the warmer months it probably averages close to 60% RH). FWIW this is with Epson dye inks.

I worried that I was a bit crazy, seeing things, indulging a superstition / fetish. But your finding of measurable changes out to 12 hours--probably in lower humidity at this--makes me think my approach is pretty reasonable.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow