Traveling with only a phone camera Locked

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Eddie Rizk Senior Member • Posts: 1,222
Re: Traveling with only a phone camera

timoteotresgatos wrote:

I have a new phone with a 12mp camera which takes great pics and it even does HDR well for those high contrast days. It even shoots raw+high.

I also have a nikon D7000 which takes great pics but weighs as much as whale and is incredibly bulky with my zoom lens.

I wondered how it would work out if I traveled with just my phone? The exposure of this point-and-shoot camera is almost always right on.

I have seen stories on this site and others about serious photographers traveling with only a phone to exotic locations and showing great results

Has anyone here traveled with only a mobile phone camera? How did you feel about the results? Did you miss your "big" camera?

I was hoping to be satisfied with my iPhone 12 PM for travel. I don't think it's quite there yet.

It does have a nice wide lens. I can't stand to be without a UWA lens, if there is any interesting architecture where I am.

It does better in better light.

It looks great, almost all the time, on the small screen.

It lacks a really long lens for festivals, wildlife, and landscapes without partly cloudy skies.

I do enjoy it more than any other phone camera and plan to use it a lot for times when I wouldn't carry a camera anyway.  I also plan to use it for looking at property with other real estate brokers and clients just to document what I see, instead of always carrying a real camera on such outings.  I couldn't do that before, because there was no ultra wide lens.

I'll log on with my phone and post a few.

-- hide signature --

That's my opinion, and it's worth what you paid for it.
Eddie Rizk
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Formerly "Ed Rizk"
My email was hacked and unrecoverable along with all associated accounts, so I got permission to create a new one.

Eddie Rizk's gear list:Eddie Rizk's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
i8z
mxx
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow