A point about the DSLR/.vs./MIRRORLESS

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
yray
yray Senior Member • Posts: 2,418
Re: A point about the DSLR/.vs./MIRRORLESS

BasilG wrote:

yray wrote:

briantilley wrote:

I'm not sure that an article about camera capabilities is relevant to the question of how the Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S stacks up against either of the F-mount equivalents.

It is relevant because of the referenced point in time when none of the S lenses yet existed, or had even been conceived. I find the notion that before the latest tech no one could take a decent pic ever so slightly on the preposterous side.

That's a straw man. Nobody made that claim.

Nobody might have made this claim explicitly because it is patently absurd, but every time one upgrades beyond certain gear quality level, one makes this assumption implicitly, perhaps not for the entire world, but for one's own particular case. I have no problem with that, I just advocate for doing that with one's eyes wide open.

Personally, when I'm buying a piece of gear, I'm doing this more out of curiosity than with an expectation of an extraordinary transformation, and because I might be a gear collector at heart. Well, F mount gear collector, Z mount is a bridge too far, for me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow