GR3 minimum shutter speed setting

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
John Keiffer Regular Member • Posts: 201
Re: GR3 minimum shutter speed setting

HenryO12 wrote:

Thanks, that’s interesting because this why I asked the question. I was at the beach on Saturday (yes I braved my GR3 with sand!), really bright light, in Av mode, set to f8, min iso100 max iso3200. I tested the min shutter setting a lot. When I set it to 1000 min, every shot was 1000/3200. When I set it to 100 min, every shot was 100/3200. So what I don’t understand is why is the shutter speed hitting dead on the min settings and why is the iso hitting 3200 with ss100 on a really bright sunny day? I had it in highlight priority if that makes a difference?

You basically answered your own question. Shooting in the bright day with 1000/3200 at F8, and the camera can only choose ISO based on what you said. So the camera wanted to shoot at an even higher ISO, but it couldn't because it was capped already. So the exposure would not be as maybe expected. The min settings were better because it could better handle the exposures required.

-- hide signature --

John

John Keiffer's gear list:John Keiffer's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X30 Canon EOS 300D Sony a6000
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow