New XT3... EVF &LCD Question

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dsteelman Junior Member • Posts: 41
New XT3... EVF &LCD Question

So I've been plowing through settings and functions and 2 things (so far) have puzzled me. First, the preview on the EVF is dramatically different from the LCD. A moderator on another forum went so far as to say " the LCD and EVF do not show a "real“ preview. Use the exposure indicator and/or the histogram to set the exposure. So is there no accurate preview of the shot you're about to take? You have to rely on the exposure meter or histogram?

In trying to figure out the first item I found I was unable to see changes in either the EVF view or the LCD view as I increased or decreased ISO or shutter speed or aperture....the view wasn't brightening or dimming as I made changes. I finally discovered that only when you are completely in manual ....ISO, SS, and aperture....AND you have activated the "preview EXP /WB" setting in screen settings can you actually see real time changes in either view as you change ISO, SS or aperture. If any one component of the three is in auto you can't get an accurate preview.

Is this correct? Can anyone explain the rationale? Thanks......

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow