SOOC and the C1 interpretation

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Senior Member • Posts: 1,238
SOOC and the C1 interpretation

Hello

I often shoot raw+jpg. Raws for landscapes where I need to manage the dynamic range, expose for the highlights, and often for willdife too where fast acting doesn't always give time to expose as i'd like. Also, WB correction is another reason I like raw. Many reasons.

Lately, i've been using daylight/cloudy and presets for WB as I don't like the fuji cool AWB, and it seems to work well!

I was messing about yesterday with the new lens I ordered the 55-200, and I quite liked some of the SOOC JPGs, the colours. It may be a touch warm, but I like it. I was interested to see what the import to C1 option would look like, how it compares to the SOOC JPG.

For the JPG I applied +2 sharp, -2 NR, +1 colour, I think. Capture 1 won't apply noise/sharpening to my raw based on the JPG, but I'm curious if it applies any more saturation?

Looking at these images, I prefer the SOOC JPG to C1 one version. C1 import purely has sharpening applied I believe, and maybe some auto distortion correction. I'm unsure why I prefer the SOOC one. Perhaps It's that +1 colour option, or just the real Fuji colours? In any case, I like the lens, and finally getting the grips with Fuji colours and enjoying it (my issue FYI has mainly been WB, not colours, it turns out).

Which do you prefer? (You can reply saying neither they both suck, it's very subjective!). I think in future i'll tone down the +2 sharpen to +1 on the JPG, though.  I feel that the first photo is a tad brighter strangely, corrected differently, and just POPS more? Thats the SOOC.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T30 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow