Sony A7SIII for videos?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
blueknight99 New Member • Posts: 13
Sony A7SIII for videos?

Hi Folks,

What are your thoughts on the Sony A7Siii as a full frame camera dedicated to videos? We are an extended family with lots of kids and there are numerous occassions and gatherings with a fairly large amount of people.

Have a canon r5 for the stills but looking for a second camera dedicated for indoors filming.

I did rent a Sony A7iii with the F2.8 16-35 GM lens and the videos were fantastic. Now, my father-in-law went ahead and ordered the Sony A7Siii body as a gift for us (technically all of them will be using this, but mostly it will be me and my wife). Since, I am on the Canon eco-system, I am a bit perplexed as to if I should get a separate system dedicated for video or get another canon FX body camera. Although, I have to admit that the Canon R5 does not like to take 4k videos for long (the limits are known to everyone).

My question: Should I return the Sony A7Siii for some other system? If so, which one is comparable in that price range? I am thinking about $6-7k (for now) with the lens to start with (Sony A7Siii body + one lens for now maybe 24-70GM or 16-35 GM lenses?). And also just to save us all some discussion time, yes a second dedicated full-frame camera IS needed for videos so a.) Cannot use my existing Canon R5 for videos as it will be doing stills duty b.) Also, no micro 4/3rds, or APS-C body camera recommendations please. Need an FX body or dedicated video camera recommendations that fall somewhere in the above budget.

Thanks for taking time to read this long post.

Canon EOS R5 Sony a7S III Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow