Nikon 16-80 DX 2.8-4e ED lens focus override not working

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
embie
embie Veteran Member • Posts: 3,162
Re: Nikon 16-80 DX 2.8-4e ED lens focus override not working

Tumblingrun wrote:

Hello Everyone - I have the Nikon 16-80 DX 16-80 mm DX 2.8E ED lens which I have been using mostly on a Nikon D500. The last couple of days I have noticed the focus override is not working or is frozen. The ring simply will not turn nor can I change the focus switch from M/A to M. I have determined that it must be the lens as other lens with manual focus override are working on the D500 and when I attached the 16-80 lens to my D7100 the same problem occurs. It doesn't matter if the lens is on or off the camera, the manual focus ring will not turn and the M/A - M button is locked. Auto focus continues to work fine. Any ideas what is causing this problem? Thanks for any assistance.

Hello, welcome to DPR !

Sounds like a mechanical problem inside your lens.

Remove your lens from the body and try to (gently) turn the focus ring a bit, simultaneously with "moving" the M/A - M switch.

Success,

eMBie

-- hide signature --

"Travel is fatal...for prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" (Mark Twain) - "The world...is our home" (eMBie)
You can edit and repost my pictures until you drop but they will still be mine Please respect my copyright

embie's gear list:embie's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus TG-5 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow