?: R6 autofocus in low light vs. other bodies

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
greyhoundrick
greyhoundrick Regular Member • Posts: 410
?: R6 autofocus in low light vs. other bodies

Hello Everyone,

Would love your input regarding the R6 and its ability to AF in low light conditions.

Given you are using an RF lens, how would you rate the ability of the R6 to achieve focus in dimly lit situations vs. say the top flight Canon DSLRs or any other pro or prosumer camera?

I currently have a Sony a7riv as my main camera and have kept a Canon 50D as an emergency back up. I am contemplating buying an R6 for low light/high ISO conditions which I shoot in more now than in the past. I am doing a lot of parties, get togethers, celebrations etc.

Yesterday I shot a baby shower in a dimly lit venue and was having some trouble with my camera not grabbing focus at times and having to switch to manual more often than I feel comfortable with. Its especially frustrating when shooting subjects moving quickly, dancing, playing etc. with little light and needing to focus quickly.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I always enjoy the DP Forums and the expertise you folks lend! I hope im able to offer some in return when I can.

Best to you,

Rick

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow