Am I using ICC Profiles correctly? Blue color cast

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Beholdclarity New Member • Posts: 15
Am I using ICC Profiles correctly? Blue color cast

Hello friends, I come to you with yet another question.

I have been using the AWB (advanced black and white) mode from my Epson SC-P600 driver with great success. I rarely felt the need to use anything different, especially since I only print/work in B&W.

I have been playing around with ICC Profiles for my favourite papers lately and found all of them had a noticeable blue cast in the mids and light greys, maybe even across the spectrum. This happened with Hahnemühle Fine Art Baryta, Tecco matte 270g and Canson Photographique II paper. So it really isn't paper or manufacturer specific.

Here is my method:

In Capture One I select a true B&W image and set color profile managed by printer

In the driver setup under Color Matching I select ColorSync and the appropriate paper profile

Then, I make sure all color settings are set to off. There are no settings in Advanced Color Settings.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am on a Mac, have the latest drivers installed and this issue has been persisting for a while now

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow