G9 vs. Z6 @ 2.8 in low light

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Sundre
OP Sundre Contributing Member • Posts: 711
Re: G9 vs. Z6 @ 2.8 in low light

glassoholic wrote:

You appear to own the 75 1.8... that's a great start for concerts... obviously a tele could be both a good and a bad thing depending on where you are shooting from and what composition you want.

F2.8 and concerts is pushing things with m43, but doable if you process RAW with DXO Photolab 4 Elite (Elite includes the Prime noise reduction). Shoot something indoors at home at night at 6400 and 12800 ISO and download a trial of DXO PL4 Elite and see for yourself what you think of what you will likely be getting from f2.8.

F1.4/ 8 will mean about ISO 1600 and 3200 exposures.

You could add a very affordable Panasonic 25mm f1.7 and an affordable Sigma 16mm f1.4 to your 75mm f1.8 and be pretty well set up... albeit by having to change primes.

A FF body might be attractively priced until you start to add f2.8 zooms.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. No, I do not own the 75/1.8. I also do not own any f2.8 zooms.

It would cost me around 2,000 € to buy the Z6 and a compatible 70-200/2.8 zoom lens (probably the Tamron, which is supposed to work well with the Z6 + FTZ adapter). I don't think I will ever be able to afford 2,000+ € lenses like the Nikon Z 70-200/2.8, but the Tamron can be found for 700-800 €.

I'll figure this out the easy way, and rent all the equipment I'm interested in. It'll cost a bit but it's doubtlessly the best way to figure out what works for me.

Sundre's gear list:Sundre's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow