G9 vs. Z6 @ 2.8 in low light

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
pannumon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,613
Re: G9 vs. Z6 @ 2.8 in low light

Sundre wrote:

SonyX wrote:

I have A7III and G9. Day time photos - there are minor difference, but at night - it is noticeable. For a paid job - G9 is ok in some situations, but not with difficult lighting condition or fast action.

75/1.8 might be a good solution, but you will miss versatility of the zoom lens, when you are locked at the same shooting spot at the concert. Also, it is slow on G9.
So, you will need more lenses - 56/1.4, 42.5/1.2, 30/1.4 ... or FF+ f/2.8 zoom

Alex

Thank you. Is the 75/1.8 significantly slower on the G9 compared to Olympus cameras? Much slower than, say, the Sigma 56/1.4?

I would also like to hear more about this. Otherwise I assume it is like other Olympus lenses, meaning it focuses as fast or faster on Panasonics than on Olympus bodies. AFC is probably faster and better on Olympus cameras with on-sensor PDAF, though.

Panasonic DfD AF officially only works with Panasonic lenses. Some people argue that DfD also works with Olympus (and other native µ4/3) lenses, but it's difficult to measure. The conclusion is that there is no day and night difference between Panasonic and Olympus lens AF on Panasonic bodies, but of course 75mm f/1.8 could be an exception.

Edit.: SonyX already replied.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow