Canon MP35 bellows lens on GFX50R at 2x magnification

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Navman Contributing Member • Posts: 509
Canon MP35 bellows lens on GFX50R at 2x magnification

Following on from earlier posts about macro options on GFX cameras, I've been testing another option for macro shooting at magnifications greater than 1:1. This is a stack of 50 images shot at 0.05mm intervals with a Canon bellows lens (MP35) at F/4 on my 50R - the lens was mounted via two adapters - an RMS to M42 and an M42 to OM - onto an OM bellows, which when mounted on the GFX via a K&F Concept OM-GFX adapter covers the 33 x 44 mm sensor with only the slightest of corner clipping. Minimum magnification is 2x, which is what this was shot at.

The images were combined with Zerene Stacker using DMAP, with a final adjustment in PS before exporting as a JPEG at 100% quality after cropping to a square format with the lower right corner of this crop located just inside the corner of the full image - the stem gives a realistic indication of corner performance. My overall impression is that this diminutive lens is giving better performance at this magnification than the Olympus bellows 80, even with the latter reversed.

The target is the flower of a small weedy species of pea (veitch) and is around 8 mm long.

-John

Navman's gear list:Navman's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 50R
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow