Current State-of-the-Art in SPP Processing Alternatives?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
sattva Contributing Member • Posts: 504
Re: Current State-of-the-Art in SPP Processing Alternatives?

joe173 wrote:

D Cox wrote:

If you have Photoshop, there is a Sigma plugin that can be used to import X3F files. Definitely worth trying.

I wonder if it works in Elements ?

I don't like Joe's advice to take fewer photos.

Don

Oh. I should have rephrased. Take photos only worth your time and within the domain of such a wonderfully built eccentric little camera! For myself I found 20-40 photos per event was more than enough, and around 100 for a multiday trip. Any more and I found processing too tedious. SPP has gotten faster over the years as has hardware.

I really did learn how to make each shutter click count. it made me slow down and think. It made me learn to carry around a small tripod and accessories. I always watched the heat and tried to keep the camera cool. I learned how to stack images in photoacute. I learned and used every setting in SPP for each photo.

Agree with your experience joe173. My SD14 and DP2s 'forced' me to take it slow and deliberate!

The time and effort invested in the photo 'making' stage is invaluable. It has saved me hours of time and effort in front of the computer...which i detest actually.

Thank you for sharing and regards,

Sattva

sattva's gear list:sattva's gear list
Sigma DP2s Sigma SD14
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow